Common Ground Homeschoolers of Dallas (CGH) began in late spring of 2012, comprised of eight families who shared a dream. They wanted to build a community of families that desired a peaceful, accepting and safe atmosphere without faith or lifestyle restrictions. These foundations became Common Ground Homeschoolers of Dallas.
Here are some facts about Common Ground Homeschoolers of Dallas:
- We are a designated 501(c)(3) organization.
- We are an “umbrella” organization under which cooperative classes, field trips, clubs, and social events take place.
- We actively pursue an environment of Only Kindness and we do not tolerate bully-like behaviors.
- We are a supportive community in which every member can contribute and take ownership.
- We are hands-on parents who are active participants in the lives of our children of all ages.
Common Ground was inspired by an inclusive homeschooling community in the Denver area of the same name.